What is Community SMS?
Community SMS is also known as Optin SMS. You can create your community subscribers using 2 Way SMS. Ask your customers to join your community by opting in to receive SMS. To receive SMS from your, recipients should text your group to join and later they can receive any kind of SMS from you such as offers, updates, discount coupons, etc., Optin SMS is the best tool for sending out promotional or transactional messages 24 by 7.
Who needs Community SMS?
This service can be availed by any community, charity, organization, clubs or individual. Once subscribers join your community, you can start sending SMS to them even if they have registered as DND
How to Create your Own Community?
- Login to your Account.
- Go to Create Community: (See Fig. 1)
- On the left sidebar, click on Community SMS and from drop down, click on Create Community
- Select Optin Type: (See Fig. 2)
- Select your Optin Type.
- Optin Type 1: VMN Longcode. - This option allows your users to send normal text to join your group. (Nowadays 100 SMS is free everyday)
- Optin Type 2: VMN MissCall. - This option allows your users to dial a Miss Call number. (On first ring, the call gets disconnected)
- Select Optin Type 1 and lets move forward.
- Select Phone Code: (See Fig. 3)
- Select your desired Phone code from the drop down list or you can also buy your own dedicated Long code number.
- Select Opt-In Keyword: (See Fig. 4)
- This is the keyword which your subscribers will be using as first keyword when they send you a text to join your community.
- Default Opt-In Keywords are IN and START
- Select your desired Opt-In Keyword and lets move forward.
- Select Opt-Out Keyword: (See Fig. 5)
- This is the keyword which your subscribers will be using as first keyword when they send you a text to leave your community.
- Default Opt-Out Keywords are OUT and STOP
- Select your desired Opt-Out Keyword and lets move forward.
- Community Name: (See Fig. 6)
- This is the second keyword must be used by your subscribers which acts as your community name.
- Community name should be 6 alphabetical characters long only. This also acts as your Sender name while sending SMS to your group subscribers.
- Check to see if community name available, if available then lets move forward. (In this tutorial, we will be using SGCSMS as community name)
- Select Sender ID: (See Fig. 7)
- You need to select and assign approved sender id to send default responses when subscribers join or leave your community.
- You can also get your sender id approved basis on your community name before creating new community. And then select the same sender id at the time creating community.
- Let's select the sender id and move forward.
- Optin Response: (See Fig. 8)
- This is the default opt-in response which you need to set. This auto response SMS will be delivered when a subscriber joins your community.
- Example Response: Thank you for joining our SGCSMS community. You will get regular updates from our company about new offers, discounts, etc. If you wish to leave our community, please text us as STOP SGCSMS (<-- Your community name)
- Opt-Out Response: (See Fig. 9)
- This is the default opt-out response which you need to set. This auto response SMS will be delivered when a subscriber leaves your community.
- Example Response: We are sorry to see you go. In case, if we can help you in anyway please call us on +9199999xxxxx or you can re-join our community by texting anytime as START SGCSMS. (<-- Your community name)
- Optin Existing Response: (See Fig. 10)
- This is the default opt-in existing response which you need to set. This auto response SMS will be delivered when a subscriber re-joins your community.
- Example Response: Hey there! You have already subscribed with us. You can ignore if it's sent by mistake.
- Opt-out Existing Response: (See Fig. 11)
- This is the default opt-out existing response which you need to set. This auto response SMS will be delivered when a subscriber re-leaves your community.
- Example Response: Hey there! You had already un-subscribed with us. You can ignore if its sent by mistake.
- Add Callback URL (HTTP): (See Fig. 12)
- You can receive real time report of your subscribers activity. You can write a script and enter your callback URL to send responses when a subscriber joins or leaves your community.
- You can get more information about integrating this at our API documentation. Take me there
- Save Changes
- If you meet the criteria, our accounts team will approve your community..
Your Community Campaign Text
Why Community SMS
There are plenty reasons why you should start your community SMS> When you build your community, you can start engaging your customers with your business and offer discounts, coupons, etc. Your customers will be more engaged and will show more interest in your business. Thus community SMS makes your business more profitable or successful.
Once your community is created, it's time to start your campaign and inform your customers and peers to join your community.
You can do various activity to campaign your community such as Print on your business cards, bill boards, SMS campaign, News paper ads, Email marketing, Use it in your E-mail and SMS signatures, etc.,
We hope, this tutorial has been your help to build your successful community and help your customers to get updates from you. If you need more clarification, please do not hesitate to contact us.